I think this is the best garment I have ever made.
I still consider myself on the beginner side of intermediate when it comes to sewing, since I have followed commercial patterns and not much else. But I felt as though my skills got a little more refined with this one, since I adapted a pattern, and had to deal with print matching (a new concept for me!).
It all started when I found this incredible pixel fabric, and knew it would be perfect for a dress to wear to PAX East (on our non-cosplay day). For some reason, I see it as a floral print – but maybe I’m just imagining things? 🙂
Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday!
I adore costumes (as proven by my obsession with cosplay), and of course I also love any excuse to eat lots of candy 🙂
(note: the dress fits better on my body than it does on the dress form, so kindly ignore the puckering near the bust)
Let’s first talk about the dress.
There’s no new outfit for today, but instead I will be showing you how I hacked together two sewing patterns to create this apron that I made for my friend Sara from In A Nutshell (and please check out yesterday’s post to see our photos together!)
Although this isn’t a full tutorial, I will be sharing tips on how I combined the patterns (hence “Frankenpattern”)- in case you ever want to tackle something similar!