Well this is a different look for me, isn’t it?
I’m taking a bit of a departure from my typical girly style to share some photos from my hip hop recital back in June. (you can tell by my long hair that these are not recent pics!)
Check out our crew!
I started taking my very first dance class (unless you count ballet from ages 3-5, hehe) this past spring, and it has been awesome! I am shy around new people and sometimes get mild social anxiety…so this was a HUGE step for me! I was super awkward and uncomfortable for weeks, and now I am less awkward and uncomfortable – guess I can’t get that to go away completely 🙂
It helped that my friend Linley was already taking classes at the same studio, so we enrolled in hip hop together!
Dave was really proud of me for doing something outside of my comfort zone, and I am proud of myself too 🙂 I liked the spring session so much that I continued the class this summer!
Our recital in June was at the Tsai Performance Center at Boston University – pretty hilarious since I went to school there and have performed on that stage MANY times! When I play my viola I am 100% focused on the music and I forget that I’m even on stage…but it was totally different for dance.
Although I was nervous it was an amazing experience – SO much fun!
(after a failed high five attempt, Linley and I had to give it another try…)
Haha, these photos crack me up! We are so thug!
My next dance recital is coming up soon…yea! We are performing Busta Rhymes and Missy Elliott. I still need to figure out what to wear for that one!
Big thanks to IFB for selecting my last post for Links à la Mode!
Links à la Mode, August 11th
- Arisgold: Slits | Your Hemline was Meant to be Broken
- Attire Club: The Best Parade of Nations Outfits from the Olympic Games
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: July 2016 Empties
- Dressing with Class and Style: Amorino
- Ethel Da Costa: Go Denim with Varion Marwah
- Fancier’s World: 1 Year Blog Anniversary & Giveaway | Up Close and Personal
- Fashion Panache: #IWearHandloom | Powered by Bhushavali Eco Fashion
- Happy.Pretty.Sweet.: I Try
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: Wearing a Kimono
- High Heeled Vogueaholic: White Out | 4 Ways to Style White Jeans for Summer
- Lil Miss JB Style: Risque
- Love.Laugh.Explore.: Black on Black
- Middle of Somewhere: The Monthly Style Edit Link Up | Little Black Dress
- Petite Silver Vixen: Mixing Snakeskin & Lace
- Prime Butterfly: Dîner en Blanc
- Splash of Teal: Small Investments to Achieve Your Best Work-Life Balance
- Style Pith: How To | Styling Your Pointy Toes with Pants
- Turning Point: Style Guide | How to Style Mom Jeans in 3 Ways
- We Are Ready Made: Moderna Museet
- Wear Wag Repeat: DIY Pom Pom Gladiator Sandal & Matching Dog Collar